Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Revamping the old blog


I suspect that you have just about given up on me. Almost a full year has elapsed since my last post! I am re-committing myself to the world of blogging, though. I have plans to revamp over the next few days. Await with anticipation!

Some highlights from the last year?

Summer of 2011, we found we were expecting our second baby!

I started teaching Sociology at Molloy College in the Fall of 2011.

Chad and I went to Taiwan just before the Christmas holidays. Yet again I traveled internationally while 6 months pregnant. Yes, the food was an issue, but I loved seeing my friend from graduate school, who now lives in Taipei.

Cora turned two in January of 2012. She talks non-stop now.

Ewan John was born in April of 2012. He is now a chubby, happy baby boy.

Currently, I am getting back up to speed on life. We are fully settled into our Brooklyn neighborhood. I am working on getting my pre-pregnancy body back and have lost 20+ pounds, using AdvoCare nutritional supplements and diet plans, which have been totally amazing for me. Also, lifting a double stroller up and down stairs has really helped tone my biceps. I am prepping for my Sociology classes in the fall, hoping to be ahead of the game before classes start.

I'll be using this summer lull to re-think the purpose of this blog (which is probably an indication that I'm re-thinking the purpose of my life, although that's almost too heavy to say out loud). Thanks for sticking with me!

Weighing on my mind: How does one blog encapsulate all of one's life, when one has so many roles? Mom, wife, cook, entertainer, teacher of Sociology, freelance editor, distributor of AdvoCare nutritional products, interested in graphics and design, reader of many books, subscriber to many blogs, seeker of adventure, seeker of peace, seeker of God. So many aspects of life and only one blog? This seems to be a common concern for other bloggers - how do you do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment